Indeed, Remy hair is the best kind of hair extensions and they do last longer than other types; and clip-in is the most effective and the least permanent technique to extend your hair. But this doesn't mean that it will take care of itself. Remy clip in hair extensions should be given the same care and attention that you would give your natural hair for it to maintain its, smoothness and overall health. With proper care you will be able to maximize your hair extensions' lifespan.
How To Keep Your Remy Clip-In Hair Extensions Longevity?
- Take very good care your clip on hair extensions, natural hair and scalp. It is important to keep your natural hair as well as your scalp healthy. The hair extensions are clipped on to your natural hair. If your natural hair is weak and brittle, the weight of the extensions can cause breakage. If hair is too thin and wispy, it won't be able to hide the clips and they will also be more prone to breakage.
- Never sleep with your extensions clipped on. Not only is this uncomfortable but this can pull on you natural hairs but this can also dig on your scalp. Hair always tangles when you sleep no matter how smooth and silky it is. It would be very difficult and damaging to your natural hairs and clip-on if they were to get tangled.
Recommended Tips To Store Your Remy Clip-In Hair Extensions
- Make sure your clip on hair extensions are tangle free and clean before you store them. Some styling products can damage, weaken, tangle, dry, attract dirt and discolor human hair if left on for too long.
- Make sure that it is completely dry hair before storing. Storing wet hair will lead to the development of mould and mildew and an unpleasant smell.
- Store tidily in a box. It is best when the extensions are all stretched out with all the wefts aligned and neat and tidy to keep it tangle free and smooth.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight. Inside your closet or drawer is a good place.